What do we do to make sure you are safe?
Is it safe to travel to the Maldives now? Am I safe on board the Amba? We are of the opinion "yes" and will be happy to explain what we do to make your stay as safe as possible.
A general statement:
We take the pandemic seriously and act responsibly for our guests and the entire crew. At the beginning of the diving safari we will briefly explain the topic of Covid-19 and the measures on board, we will be happy to answer questions, but then we will devote ourselves to your diving holiday and not make Corona the main topic every day.
We want everyone on board to feel safe and in good hands and act professionally in the interests of all passengers and crew on board.
Here is an excerpt from our hygiene concept:
Basically, every visitor to the country must submit a negative test no older than 96 hours upon entry. As the operator of the AMBA, we take the safety of the guests and our crew very seriously and have therefore drawn up a detailed hygiene concept. Here are a few main points:
- Before guests and crew enter the ship, a temperature check is carried out again.
-Each guest as well as the crew must thoroughly disinfect their hands before they come on board the ship.
- In the future, deliveries will no longer be brought on board by suppliers, but by our own crew, who use disposable gloves.
- Local carpenters are only allowed on board after a temperature check has been made and the hands have been thoroughly disinfected.
Since we cannot ask for a negative test from local workers, they are only allowed to enter the boat with mouth and nose protection and gloves.
- As usual sometimes before, we are currently refusing to allow visitors to other ships to enter the ship during a tour. Unfortunately, guests who may see friends on another ship cannot visit them either.
- Wherever it is not possible to keep a distance of at least 1.5m, we ask both our guests and the crew to wear mouth and nose protection.
- Before the guests arrive, the ship is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. During the tour, all areas of the ship are disinfected several times a day.
- Towels and sheets are washed at 90 degrees boil and then disinfected in the rinse cycle.
- Cutlery and plates are cleaned thoroughly as usual, but in future they will still be disinfected with boiling water too.
- Employees who process and serve food must wear protective gloves and mouth and nose protection during their work.
- As usual, rental equipment is treated thoroughly with a disinfectant solution before rental
Covid-19 cabin restrictions:
A cabin double occupancy is only permitted if it concerns guests who are booked together on one booking. If the guest is traveling alone, we ask that you take the single cabin occupancy rates into account. If the ship is not fully booked, we will automatically rebook guests into single cabins free of charge at check-in.
If you would like to know more about our concept, please do not hesitate to contact our Cruisedirector directly